How It Works
- The first step to home ownership is to complete our Venture Option Advantage Program application located at the bottom of this page. One of our buyer’s agents will contact you within 24 hours to discuss where you would like to live, features that you are looking for in your home, how quickly you would like to move and how much of a monthly payment you can afford.
- Your application will be reviewed by a mortgage lender to determine how much house you can afford based on your income. The mortgage lender will also analyze your current credit situation to help determine what length of time will be necessary for you to qualify for a home loan. This step essentially provides a scope of what needs to be repaired or established from a credit standpoint during your option period.
- Next, you will be presented with properties that match your criteria. After you preview and select your home, we will begin negotiating the best terms possible. These terms include your monthly payment, length of the lease, rent credits, required down payment (option deposit), purchase price, etc.
- Once the lease has been negotiated with the Seller, you will deposit a check for your down payment and the first month’s lease payment. 100% of your down payment (option deposit) is credited toward the purchase price when you actually buy the home.
- Finally, your keys will be delivered to you on or before the possession date. You will continue to work with the mortgage lender and/or Credit Restoration Specialist during your option period. They will provide support and coaching to assist you with staying on track to purchase your home within the specified time frame of your Lease-Option Agreement.